Privacy at Sure Match
Sure Match (we, us or our) provides a simple, intuitive and cost effective solution to match business buyers and sellers. We provide services to support you through the process, including an innovative matching tool, indicative appraisal, and other services such as resources and access to experts.
If you would like to contact us in relation to this policy or our use of your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of information
We collect your personal information in the normal course of our business. For example, we may collect:
- your name
- physical address, email address and telephone numbers
- personal financial information
- career experience, career history, personal traits, and business / industry types and preferences
- any other personal information that you provide to us or authorise us to collect in relation to your use of our products and services.
We also collect the following information (in some cases this information will be anonymised and will not identify you):
- usage and preferences information and how you interact with our services
- IP address
- statistics on page views
- traffic information
- ad data
- standard web log information from website services and data analytics companies.
Where practical, we will source information directly from you. We may also collect information that is in the public domain and/or from independent sources where authorised by you to do so.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We may use or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing our services to you – for example, establishing and verifying your personal identity and ownership of a business,
- appraising your business, displaying your personal and business profile on our marketplace, providing contact details and information about you and your business to our business partners and other entities in our group, finding your match and introducing you to available businesses or interested purchasers
- deriving and sharing aggregate industry knowledge – for example, valuation multiples, profit margins, number and value of business sales, industry and market information (this information will only be shared with third parties in an aggregated and anonymised form)
- contacting you (including by electronic means such as email and / or SMS) about our products and services, as well as to provide you updates, promotional offers and information about the services of third parties that we think may be of interest to you - for example, information about lawyers, accountants, brokers and seminars. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you can opt out at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- for general business purposes to support us in providing our services generally – for example, engaging third party service providers, such as web services and cloud storage/hosting providers
- for research, development and testing of features, products and services
- enforcing any terms that we have agreed with you (such as our Terms of Engagement) – for example, to collect fees owed by you to us
- resolving disputes, exercising our legal rights and complying with our legal obligations and internal policies, including document retention policies
- for other purposes which may arise in the ordinary course of our business in order to for us to maintain a successful working relationship with you for any other purpose that you authorise.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to others unless the disclosure is in connection to one of the purposes for which it was obtained or where disclosure is authorised by you.
You are not required to provide us with the personal information we request, though this may affect which products or services we can offer.
When personal information is no longer required it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
Access to and correction of your information
You have the right to access and request correction of your personal information held by us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On request, we will confirm what information we hold and where practical provide you with the information you request in accordance with Privacy Laws. Our records are held at surematch.co.
Updating your information
To get the best out of the services provided, it is important that your personal information is accurate and up to date. We will endeavour to keep this updated and will regularly ask you whether any of your information has changed. We may use independent sources to check this.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
External websites and cookies
Our platform may hyperlink to various third party websites. Whilst we take due care, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites and/or the reliability of the information published on those sites.
We use technologies such as cookies in order to offer you the most convenient and relevant services. You may choose not to accept cookies when browsing our website, however you may be unable to log on to certain services without accepting cookies.
Third party partners and technologies/analytics
We may use third party vendors to show our advertisements and use analytics to assist in serving to you the most relevant advertisements based on your prior visits to our website and mobile app. Analytics is used to measure anonymised site activity and to understand and optimise user experiences.
Any queries or concerns should be directed to our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.